Skip to main content

Day One

If you are a regular reader of my blog, I would like to first thank you for sticking with me, and second mention that you probably already know that I have been into fitness for the past few years.

Not that I try different fads but one thing that strikes me as interesting is intermittent fasting, basically going 12-24 hours without eating.

This may sound a bit tough to do but if you think about it you eat dinner at 6 pm the first night then do not eat anything until at least lunch the next day, or even dinner if you add the eight hours of sleep into your math.

Apparently as studies have shown since we are largely a hunter gatherer species our bodies have gone long periods without food. This allows our bodies to rid excess sugars and balance out the metabolism.

This of course does not mean we fast for a week at a time, just a short period.

Apparently the fasting boosts metabolism, increases your immune response and lowers overall blood glucose, things that help aid in a lot of disease prevention. It also increases the burning of fat.

So today I am on day one, and so far it is not too terrible.

I am planning on making it to dinner time tonight.

It did help that last night's meal was glazed salmon served on a bed of arugula and spinach with sweet potato fries and sauteed portobello mushrooms, a good way to start my new diet.

I will try to keep you updated on my progress. I should take a HNT to start this Thursday and show my progress each week.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Labor Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Cry Out For Help.

The room was completely silent aside from her breathing. I was awake slightly trying to get back to sleep. Apparently something woke me up at this hour, because I was extremely tired from the weekend. Her breathing seemed odd, almost labored, and I could hear a moan every now and again. Despite her sleeping habits, talking, moaning, breathing heavy, this seemed different. I reached over and touched her shoulder, wondering if it was just me or should I try to wake her. When I heard another moan I gave her a quick shake to see if everything was ok. She stirred slightly but did not waken completely. I shook her again, and again she did not respond very well. At this point I knew something was wrong and I got up and turned on the light. I called her name slightly louder at this point and got back on the bed to shake her awake. She opened her eyes and looked up at me and looking at her eyes I could see the emptiness. Fearing the worst, that she decided to finish off her medications

Raining (HNT)

The rain has been falling for the last few days here. We needed it so I am not complaining. It has made the weekend plans a little harder but I think we will find something fun to do. I am still working on getting used to the camera and lack of flash, so the picture seems a little grainy but I thought it went well with the dark rainy weather we are having. Happy HNT! As always check out Osbasso for who else is playing!

Slumber (HNT)

Getting a little more risque, we shall see how far I go with it I guess. Dont think I will really show much more but hey there is always room for growth, ha! Happy HNT!