Skip to main content

On Sadness

I found out today that one of my old bosses passed away today from liver cancer.  She was I believe 58 years old, way too young to go. She was not just a boss but a mentor, someone that taught me quite a bit about life and working and remaining humble.

We all live with tragedy.  We all deal with loss, but it is through this loss that we learn about ourselves. That we can all become better people and hopefully teach what was taught to us during our brief interactions with each other.

Each tragedy I reflect on my life and try to figure out how to become better. I would like to look back on my life and hope that I impacted someone's life and they cherish their time spent with me. I want my life experiences to reflect on my actions, to not be a bad person, or treat someone with disrespect or to just not be a positive influence.

I have lived through quite a bit of tragedy, as have we all. I am sure we all have stories of people that have touched us over the years and how we lost them much too early.

I have now lost three of the most influential people in my life, my mom, my best friend from college, and now my old boss. I would like to say that I am feeling glad that I knew them but really fuck that, these people died much too early.

I leave you with something that I listen to when I am feeling depressed and a bit hopeless, this is just a small excerpt of the entire poem, so please look it up and enjoy.  Sometimes you just need something more and I am sure we all can relate.
You need something to open up a new door
To show you something you seen before
But overlooked a hundred times or more
You need something to open your eyes
You need something to make it known
That it's you and no one else that owns
That spot that yer standing, that space that you're sitting
That the world ain't got you beat
That it ain't got you licked
It can't get you crazy no matter how many
Times you might get kicked
You need something special all right
You need something special to give you hope


Bob Dylan - Last Thoughts on Woody Guthrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Cry Out For Help.

The room was completely silent aside from her breathing. I was awake slightly trying to get back to sleep. Apparently something woke me up at this hour, because I was extremely tired from the weekend. Her breathing seemed odd, almost labored, and I could hear a moan every now and again. Despite her sleeping habits, talking, moaning, breathing heavy, this seemed different. I reached over and touched her shoulder, wondering if it was just me or should I try to wake her. When I heard another moan I gave her a quick shake to see if everything was ok. She stirred slightly but did not waken completely. I shook her again, and again she did not respond very well. At this point I knew something was wrong and I got up and turned on the light. I called her name slightly louder at this point and got back on the bed to shake her awake. She opened her eyes and looked up at me and looking at her eyes I could see the emptiness. Fearing the worst, that she decided to finish off her medications

Raining (HNT)

The rain has been falling for the last few days here. We needed it so I am not complaining. It has made the weekend plans a little harder but I think we will find something fun to do. I am still working on getting used to the camera and lack of flash, so the picture seems a little grainy but I thought it went well with the dark rainy weather we are having. Happy HNT! As always check out Osbasso for who else is playing!

Slumber (HNT)

Getting a little more risque, we shall see how far I go with it I guess. Dont think I will really show much more but hey there is always room for growth, ha! Happy HNT!