Skip to main content

Complexities of Life

Last night I saw a picture of a friend on Facebook that reminded me of simpler times.

The picture was of my friend tying a fly onto his fishing rod leaning against the back of a pickup truck. The river and mountains of Montana were in the background.

I thought about my life and what has occurred since I was standing there doing the same thing 10 years ago.

Of course much of the change was brought on by the birth of my daughter, and that does change quite a bit. 

There were times that we used to go up into the mountains and camp out over the weekend. Leaving most of the complexities of life back in our suburban house.

We would bring the dogs and the fly rod and sit and watch the fire, telling stories about other times that we had doing the same thing. Even after my daughter was born we would bring the travel play yard and she would sleep in the folding crib inside the tent.

The days would be spent walking around the woods or fishing the river or just hanging by the tents.

When we moved to the south things changed quite a bit. I do not regret my decision for moving there but I look back and realize that it was not me.

I made a home for myself there but not without a lot of sacrifices. 

All that has changed now that we live back in the mountains.

Life is still complex, but we can now unwind in the mountains. I am home again. I smile all the time now when I look up and see the peaks around me. 

At some point we will get back to enjoying their splendor from a campsite. We may have missed the opportunity this year, but this is now our home and will hopefully remain that way for a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Cry Out For Help.

The room was completely silent aside from her breathing. I was awake slightly trying to get back to sleep. Apparently something woke me up at this hour, because I was extremely tired from the weekend. Her breathing seemed odd, almost labored, and I could hear a moan every now and again. Despite her sleeping habits, talking, moaning, breathing heavy, this seemed different. I reached over and touched her shoulder, wondering if it was just me or should I try to wake her. When I heard another moan I gave her a quick shake to see if everything was ok. She stirred slightly but did not waken completely. I shook her again, and again she did not respond very well. At this point I knew something was wrong and I got up and turned on the light. I called her name slightly louder at this point and got back on the bed to shake her awake. She opened her eyes and looked up at me and looking at her eyes I could see the emptiness. Fearing the worst, that she decided to finish off her medications

Raining (HNT)

The rain has been falling for the last few days here. We needed it so I am not complaining. It has made the weekend plans a little harder but I think we will find something fun to do. I am still working on getting used to the camera and lack of flash, so the picture seems a little grainy but I thought it went well with the dark rainy weather we are having. Happy HNT! As always check out Osbasso for who else is playing!

A request for HNT

A friend asked for a chest shot, so I had to accommodate. I want to get a little more artistic with my shots but self-shots are not always easy to do that with. So for now I will have to settle with these types of poses. Anyway, enjoy, and Happy Half-Nekkid Thursday! By the way, what the hell happened to Osbasso?