Skip to main content

To be desired

Over the last few years, I have worked hard to make myself a better person.


I work out quite often.  I read lots of books and magazines.  I spend more time with my daughter and try to give my wife the attention that she deserves.


I have been working harder at my job.  Been trying to save some money for that rainy day and spending more time doing the things that I enjoy.


I would say life is going really well for me right now, and from the outside looking in you would probably say the same thing.

We bought a new car, have been traveling a bit more, and spending more time outside the apartment.


On the inside though I have been depressed and angry lately.


I snap quickly at small things at home.  I get anxious when the apartment is a little out of place.  I snap at my dogs when they do not understand what I am trying to make them do and overall I am a feeling very emotional.


In these times I tend to surf the internet more.  I look for things that I do not normally pursue when I am feeling good.  I think a lot of it comes down to me wanting to feel like I am wanted, desired.  I like compliments because I never receive any at home.


I want someone to say how good I look or how sexy I am or how they feel about me.


I do not need it that often.  I am happy with myself and the things that I do for me.  Every now and then I just want to feel wanted, not just loved, but lusted after.  I want to see the desire in the other person's eyes and feel what they feel.


I have felt it a few times in the past year with people I have met.  Of course it is never the right situation and they do not want to be with a married person.  And I still do not know if I am capable of cheating, but I like when someone looks at me with desire in their eyes.


I read on a blog that someone was complaining of being in a zombie marriage.  That is exactly what it is for me.  I feel that I leave my brains at the office and walk around the apartment not caring about anything anymore.


I am sure things will change again as they always do, but sometimes I wonder what else I can do to break free of this funk.

Comments

  1. Have you talked to your wife about this? Or would she not be receptive to that type of discussion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have and she thinks I am just looking for attention. I think part of the problem is that we never really have time to sit and talk about our relationship. I think we may need to do a date night and maybe that would be a better opportunity to revisit this subject.

      Delete
  2. The other day I was listening to an interview on the radio. The guest was talking about marriage and how people think "marriage is the ultimate goal". He said that he spoke to a group of women at a bridal fair recently and they were the most pompous group he'd ever spoken to. They thought they had it all figured out because they had "caught" their Mr. Right. He equated marriage to having a baby. A marriage needs to be nurtured and fed and tended to just as closely as a baby. Having failed at two marriages, I thought this made alot of sense. God I hope your wife finds her way, Bader. I have met so many wonderful men just like you who just want a little attention. There is nothing wrong with that. And you should be able to get that attention from your wife. Don't ever think that you shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic Jack! One of the sexiest men I've seen... and you're nice. And you share your feelings - a rare thing for a man to do! Such a great combination. Blogger men are the best, and you shine even in that company. Better days are coming for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Cry Out For Help.

The room was completely silent aside from her breathing. I was awake slightly trying to get back to sleep. Apparently something woke me up at this hour, because I was extremely tired from the weekend. Her breathing seemed odd, almost labored, and I could hear a moan every now and again. Despite her sleeping habits, talking, moaning, breathing heavy, this seemed different. I reached over and touched her shoulder, wondering if it was just me or should I try to wake her. When I heard another moan I gave her a quick shake to see if everything was ok. She stirred slightly but did not waken completely. I shook her again, and again she did not respond very well. At this point I knew something was wrong and I got up and turned on the light. I called her name slightly louder at this point and got back on the bed to shake her awake. She opened her eyes and looked up at me and looking at her eyes I could see the emptiness. Fearing the worst, that she decided to finish off her medications

Raining (HNT)

The rain has been falling for the last few days here. We needed it so I am not complaining. It has made the weekend plans a little harder but I think we will find something fun to do. I am still working on getting used to the camera and lack of flash, so the picture seems a little grainy but I thought it went well with the dark rainy weather we are having. Happy HNT! As always check out Osbasso for who else is playing!

Slumber (HNT)

Getting a little more risque, we shall see how far I go with it I guess. Dont think I will really show much more but hey there is always room for growth, ha! Happy HNT!